Click on the job title below to learn more about the position and requirements.
Brief Description of Duties:
- Responsible for ensuring the highest possible standards of quality in all areas of food preparation.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of all aspects of food preparation, including any gourmet dishes, sauces, and prepares as required.
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
- Must be able to work well within a team, and work in a fast paced environment.
- Must have at least 2 years experience in the field.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, work holidays and be on call when needed.
Brief Description of Duties
- Runs our gift shop and handles related transactions
- Good teamwork and ability to work well under pressure.
- Neat, clean and well-groomed appearance at all times.
- Must have flexible working schedule, work all holidays, and be on call when needed.
- This position is responsible for servicing guests in the cafe by seating guests, taking orders, serving food, and collecting money efficiently, accurately, and timely.
- The position is also responsible for performing assorted side duties, including but not limited to: setting tables, filling condiment containers, cleaning an other duties as necessary.
- This position requires the server to maintain a complete knowledge of all menu items, their prices, the method of preparation and availability.
- Servers ensure that assigned areas are kept clean and orderly.
- Must have experience as a food server in a casino environment or a casual and/or fine dining establishment.
- Must possess outstanding interpersonal communication skills, providing courteous and efficient food and guest services.
- Must have the ability to speak and understand English.
- Provides prompt courteous service to our Guests.
- Ensures that the workplace is hazard free.
- Protects company assets.
- Monitors all areas for underage persons.
- Identifies and approaches persons showing possible signs of intoxication.
- Deters criminal activity.
- Investigates all incidents and creates a written report.
- Physically assist other departments as needed.
- Enforces all company rules and policies.
- Colorado Gaming Support License is required to work in this position.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and via a 2-way radio.
- Must have the ability to investigate and document facts in a professionally written format.
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel and digital photographs) required.
- Must be able to stand and walk constantly for long periods of time (shifts are 10 hours, up to 9 hours standing and/or walking).
- Proven guest relations abilities a must.
- Responsible for operating multiple cameras, DVR’s and computer equipment.
- Conducts investigations as required; documents findings/completes reports on the computer.
- Works closely with Casino Managers and the Colorado Division of Gaming to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for protection of company assets.
- Must have or be able to gain a working knowledge of all gaming aspects within the casino and Colorado gaming regulations.
- Must work unsupervised with a strict attention to detail.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong word processing skills. 1-2 years of experience working within the casino industry is preferred.
- The ability to work with a team and the ability to work a flexible schedule is mandatory.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Colorado Division of Gaming support license.
- Processing all types of transactions (TITO tickets, credit cards, checks and cash) for our guests in a friendly, courteous manner.
- Balance cage bank at the end of shift.
- One year previous cash handling experience as a cashier in a Casino, bank or retail establishment.
- Must have the ability to balance accounts and cash flow.
- Must possess excellent attention to detail skills as well as the ability to communicate with guests in a professional and courteous manner.
- Must be available to work all shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Colorado Gaming license is required for this position.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for team member transactions, balancing the Main Bank, and preparing the Daily Cash Summary for their assigned shift. Supervise cashiers in the absence of the Cage Supervisor.
Ensure cashier breaks are within allotted times. Assign Cage Cashiers to window banks. Monitor all kiosk cash levels and fill if a cassette goes below ¾ of its maximum capacity. Perform transactions in support of the Cage
Cashiers including working the front window when necessary. Day shift Main Banker is responsible for daily bank deposits. Reports to the Cage Supervisor.
Auditor LICENSE: Colorado Support Gaming License
EXPERIENCE: 0-2 years of Accounting experience, Intermediate Microsoft Office skills required (Excel, Word, Outlook), knowledge of Colorado’s Internal Control Minimum Procedures
- Verifies the accuracy and completeness of the documentation for cage/vault, slots, table games, and food & beverage by conducting a thorough audit of all transactions and documenting all improprieties through the exception reporting process.
- Performs thorough audit of all count paperwork (i.e. master gaming report, openers/closers, fills/credits) and ensures compliance with Colorado’s Internal Control Minimum Procedures and Saratoga Black Hawk Casino policy and procedures. All improprieties are documented through the exception reporting process.
- Updates the table games statistics based on audited information. Reviews and verifies the accuracy of the table games reports produced by the computer system.
- Informs Supervisor of all pertinent information and/or irregularities related to assigned job duties.
- Collects all paperwork from audit boxes.
- Compiles and reconciles paid-out information with Cage/Vault paperwork.
- Prepares and distributes daily slot and table games summaries and flash reports.
- Conducts a thorough audit of all jackpots and fill tickets in accordance with Colorado’s Internal Control Minimum Procedures and Saratoga Black Hawk Policies and Procedures.
- Prepares, distributes and follows-up on formal exception reports for all noted improprieties discovered during audits.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ensures audits are performed in accordance with Colorado Division of Gaming and the company’s submitted system of Internal Controls.
- Ensures daily Food & Beverage audits are performed in accordance with company policy and that daily revenues are properly recorded.
- Keeps the Director of Finance informed of all pertinent information regarding slots, cage, food & beverage or any gaming activity.
- Conducts team member meetings on a regular basis to address various problems and concerns, discuss policies and procedures to use a tool in building teamwork.
- Assists Director of Finance in developing, evaluating and implementing departmental policies and procedures.
- Prepares department schedule with the goal of minimizing labor costs.
- Prepares team member evaluations in a timely manner.
- Trains, motivates and disciplines team members with a goal of improving their worth to the company and maintaining high morale.
- Prepares various reports for accounting and prepares general ledger entries for posting.
- Ensures that audits and financial records are accurately maintained.
- Ensures that gaming revenue, statistical reports, and gaming taxes are reported accurately and paid timely on a monthly basis.
- Ensures that cage bankroll balances on a monthly basis.
- Minimum of two years experience in Casino audit environment.
- Minimum one-year supervisory experience in accounting/audit environment.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in spreadsheet and word document software.
- Colorado Key License
- Knowledge of Oasis Slot Accounting system.
- Knowledge of Info Genesis Food & Beverage Point of Sale system.
- Prior general ledger accounting experience
ALL POSITIONS REQUIRE THE FLEXIBILITY TO WORK ALL SHIFTS, WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS.